As the world goes digital, content management system (CMS) vendors are having a field day.
According to reports, the global CMS market will reach a staggering $123.5 billion by 2026. Today, for the digital organization, there are more CMS options to choose from - all of them with powerful features, stunning UI, intuitive search, and seamless management capabilities. With the vast array of platforms available in the market today, choosing the one that’s best for your needs can seem like a daunting task.
But, for organizations looking to drive value, Joomla is a popular choice for CMS. It is easy to understand and manage, offers a vast pool of expert tutorials, has an active online forum, offers more than 7000 extensions, and has an evolving community that is always happy to help.
While there are several ways you can benefit from Joomla, here are five occasions when Joomla is right for you:
- When you’re looking to drive SEO: In the digital age, who doesn’t want to improve the volume, and quality of website visits from search engines? With a majority of Internet users not scrolling past the first page of Google search results, in the evolving world of web technologies, it is imperative for your website to rank in the top 10.
Joomla is excellent if you’re looking to drive SEO. The in-built SEO tools allow vanity URLs and metadata. Extensions allow you to add richer SEO features like structured / microdata, sitemap, and Open Graph (OG) tags.
However, don’t forget that the most important thing for SEO is great quality content :)
- When you have a lot of content to offer: For organizations who have a lot of content to be put up on their website, Joomla is a great option. Since it is built from the ground up as a CMS, it offers hundreds of options, and dozens of interface screens to help you create, organize, sort and display content on your website. It offers a plethora of menus, categories, tags, and other third-party functionalities for building websites with a large number of menus, articles, sections or pages. All you need to do is choose the right extension, and leverage a wide-ranging pool of additional features to display content.
- When you need a world-class interface: Irrespective of the industry, a website has to offer a world-class interface. Period. Joomla offers a large selection of feature-rich templates using which you can build a stunning interface. All you have to do is select a template, customize the layout, and implement your web strategies for impeccable user experience. Since Joomla’s backend is built with Bootstrap, it is extremely mobile-responsive; you can control your Joomla website anywhere, at any time, using the device of your choice. Once you get the hang of standardized controls, you can implement exciting new features almost instantly, and get a stable foundation for hundreds of customizations and integrations.
- When security is critical: For any website owner, safeguarding user security is a strategic priority. Compromised security can not only affect user experience with your website, but it can also result in expensive lawsuits and a loss of name. Joomla offers exceptional security features such as 2-factor authentication and bcrypt algorithm that quell the chances of a security breach through unauthorized access or hacking. Joomla also supports 2-factor authentication using Google Authenticator, or YubiKey. While Google Authenticator is a software-based two-step verification service that uses time-based and HMAC-based one-time password algorithms, YubiKey is a hardware authentication device that supports one-time passwords and authentication. Both ensure security while reducing the likelihood of unauthorized access. The bcrypt algorithm, on the other hand, scrambles all the passwords in the database and ensures better encryption against hackers. Furthermore, the Joomla Security Strike Team is quick to fix any discovered security vulnerabilities, making it one of the most secure web platforms.
- When you want to build a scalable website: Anyone who comes up with a website expects it to grow with time and attract more and more traffic. Although content management is just as important for smaller websites, it gets extremely important as a site grows larger. Joomla offers a plethora of add-ons and features that enable you to transform a simple website into a full-fledged powerhouse of products, content, portfolios and more. It allows you to begin your website journey with standard features and be armed for a sudden influx of users. As your business grows, and your website goes viral, Joomla offers you the option to scale up your website and expand further down the road.
Joomla for success
For today’s digital organization, having a modern and intuitive website is no longer a choice, but a requisite for reaching out to a larger audience.
As managing content on any website gets more and more complicated, CMS like Joomla offers the right mix of features, add-ons, plugins, and extensions that can help you build and manage your website with ease. From SEO optimization features to efficient content management, world-class interface options to top-notch security and scalability features – Joomla is an ideal choice for websites with large amounts of content and pages, and for developers who want to quickly get a website up and running – with little or no coding.