The latest major release for Shika, our Learning management system (LMS) for Joomla - version 1.1 introduced 20+ new features and a host of bug fixes and improvements. While we continue to improve on the 1.1x release with minor release, development on the next major release has already started !
Read on to see what you can expect in the next major release - version 1.2.
This is a high level idea of what features you can expect to see in Shika 1.2.
- Exercise (Subjective Quizzes) lesson type supports
- Assessment Engine to assess Exercises. Can also be used to assess other lesson types like Events ! Supports Assessment parameters (Rating, textbox, yes/no, checkbox) and weights for parameters. Assessors can also give descriptive reasons for what scores they give against each parameter as well as overall.
- Feedback forms as lesson types. This allows you to take user feedback as part of the course.
- Restructuring of Quizzes as a lesson type rather than being a separate option.
- Question grouping
- Subjective questions in regular quizzes.
- Allowing enrollments from backend for paid courses
- TJFields integration for courses with Category & field mapping + Course filters
- LTI (Learning tools interoperability) lesson type support - stable version
Do let us know your feedback. While we work on this release, you can expect to keep seeing regular releases of the 1.1x series with continuous improvements.