We are happy to announce the release of Shika 4.0.0 alpha version that is now compatible with Joomla 4. We plan to release a stable version of Shika 4 in the coming few weeks.
Read on for the important notes and the detailed changelog.
- Please note that this is an "ALPHA" release.
- Do not upgrade Shika J4 on your production site until Shika's stable Joomla 4 release.
- We have updated multiple Plugin Triggers to make Shika compatible with the Joomla 4. So if you are using any custom plugins with old trigger names, you may need to update their code. Please refer to the list of updated plugins Triggers.
Shika v4.0.0 Changelog:
- Joomla 4 compatibility (Common compatible package for J3.10.x and J4.0.x)
- Updated Bootstrap support as
- On J4.0.x
- Bootstrap 5 on the backend
- Bootstrap 5 on the frontend
2. On J3.10.x
- Bootstrap 2 on the backend
- Bootstrap 3 on the frontend