Shika provides integration with Mail chimp. It has a system plugin for MailChimp which needs to be configured to make this integration work.
How to Configure the Mail Chimp plugin -
- To configure Mail Chimp plugin, Go to Plugins
- Search for "MailChimp" and enable the plugin.
- Edit the plugin
- Enter "API Key"
- Enter "List ID" (which is now called as Audience ID)
- Enter the "Subscription Form field Tag Name" (optional)
Where can I find the API key and List ID?
To get the API key -
- Log in to your MailChimp account
- Click on your User Name displayed on the top right corner of the screen
- Select "Profile" from the dropdown
- Go to "Extras" and select "API keys" (as shown in the image below)
- Now, click on "Create API Key" to get your API Key.
To get the List ID (i.e Audience ID) -
- Go to the Audience section, it's available on the top menu.
- Click on "Manage Audience" and select "Settings"
- On the settings page - scroll down to the bottom and there you'll see "Unique ID for Audience home".
- Copy that ID and use it on the plugin to complete the configuration.
Where can I find the tag name for the "Subscription Form field"?
- Go to the Audience section and click on "Settings"
- Select "Audience fields and *|MERGE|* tags" (as shown in the image below)
- Click on "Add a Field" and Enter the field title.
- Copy the tag under the column "Put this tag in your content:" for the created field.
- Put this tag in the MailChimp plugin for the "Subscription Form field".