jomGive for jomSocial
Let your community accept donations from their profile pages
jomGive is a powerful new “crowd funding” plugin that enables your members to:
- create fundraising projects
- accept PayPal donations and
- keep donors updated on the project’s progress directly from their JomSocial profile page.
Whether your members need to raise money for personal projects, causes, charities, business ventures, medical bills, musical endeavors, school events or non-profit fundraisers, jomGive plugin makes it possible for them to transform their profile page into a mini-fundraising site—just like microgiving.com.
Crowd funding (sometimes called ‘crowd financing’, ‘crowd sourced capital’ or ‘micropatronage’) is a popular new way for artists, bloggers, musicians, software developers, and activists to support themselves and their projects through online ‘crowd’ donations.
Your community members will LOVE being able to harness the power of the crowd to fund their projects—and you’ll love the boost in traffic, page-views and exposure your website will get when your members invite investors, family members, friends & fans alike over to your website to make donations.
Features of jomGive V1.2 are:
- Create & name their own unique fundraising project
- Set the project’s fundraising goal—which is displayed on their profile page ($50, $500, $5000, etc)
- Display the total number of donors who have donated; display the names of donors and the amount of their donations (if they are logged in); how much has been received to date; and how much still needs to be raised before the user-defined goal is met
- Users can set up their own “levels” of donations/rewards. For example, for a $25 donation, “Bob” will send each donor a signed thank you card. For a $50 donation, Bob will personally call them to thank them, etc. These “Give Back” rewards are prominently displayed on the user’s profile page and are all configurable on each user’s JomSocial profile page under Profile > Customize My Page > Crowd funded Project > Settings
- Users can add their own PayPal address so that donations go directly to them
- Users can post photos & videos to their JomSocial wall to keep patrons updated
- Users can easily unpublish the app once their goal has been met
- Choose whether or not jomGive as a core JomSocial app plugin that is enabled on ALL profiles by default. If admins choose not to make jomGive a core app, users will have to manually add jomGive in their profile customization settings
- Admins can select the position where jomGive fundraising data is displayed on all profiles (Main content; Sidebar Top; Sidebar Bottom)
- Admins can set up and name up to 5 “Give Back Reward” levels (i.e, “The $5 Donation”; “The $25 Donation”, etc) These levels will only be displayed if the admin has named them
How your community can use jomGive (and why they’ll love it)
No matter what kind of JomSocial-powered community you host, jomGive is an app that your members will absolutely love and use in different ways.
If you host a musician’s community, for example, your members could seek donations from fans to help fund the recording of their next CD. An entrepreneur could seek start-up capital from investors to build their latest invention. An open source software developer could seek donations to support the development of his free software. A boy scout’s troop could seek donations for a fundraising project. A blogger could request donations to help her pay her hosting fees.
The possibilities are endless.
- Joomla! 1.5 or greater
- PHP version 5.0 or greater
- MySQL version 4.1.2 or greater
- JomSocial version 2.1 or greater