Advanced Social/Demographic Targeting with targeting plugins
Targeting plugins allow you to use SocialAds to target using additional parameters or fields not natively supported by SocialAds. For example, a targeting plugin can be written to target all users who belong to certain Groups.
Detailed documentation of the targeting plugin API . So if you are developer & want to write your own targeting plugins for SocialAds, you should read Build targeting plugin link
Targeting plugins available in SocialAds
1. JomSocial Groups Targeting : Allows you to let your advertisers target Ads to users who belong to the selected Groups.
2. Native JomSocial Profile Types Targeting : Let advertisers target ads to be shown to certain profile types only ( using native JomSocial Profile Types)
3. Native EasySocial Profile Types Targeting : Let advertisers target ads to be shown to certain profile types only (using EasySocial Profile Types)
3. XIPT JomSocial Profile Types Targeting : Let advertisers target ads to be shown to certain profile types only ( using native XIPT Profile Types)
Setting up the Plugin/ Plugins that you want to use
1. All the bundled plugins are already installed when you install your copy of SocialAds
2. To enable a particular plugin, go to the social targeting view.
3. Click on the “Install" against the plugins that you need to use for targeting
4. Once the plugin is setup, the Ad targeting screen (on the frontend) shall show the additional fields that the plugin adds to the targeting.
5. If you want to disable one of the plugins, just uncheck the checkbox & click save.
6. Note that the targeting plugins do not allow you to set the field type or set the field as fuzzy or exact. The Plugin developer makes the best choice for you in this case.