1. Whats in the Package
The SocialAds Package comes with the following extensions
The SocialAds Core Extensions
- The SocialAds core component - com_socialads
- The Ads display module- mod_socialads
- The Tjassetsloader plugin - tjassetsloader (ver. 3.0 Onwards)
These enable you to allow you to have various payment methods for the Ads on your site
- Paypal Payment Plugin - payment_paypal
- Authorize.NET Payment Plugin - payment_authorizenet
- JomSocial Points Payment Plugin - payment_jomsocialpoints
- Alpha Points Payment Plugin (ver. 2.0 Onwards)
- Pay by Check Plugin (ver. 2.0 Onwards)
- Pay by PO plugin (ver. 2.0 Onwards)
- 2Checkout Payment plugin - payment_2checkout
- Ccavenue Payment plugin - payment_ccavenue
- Linkpoint Payment plugin - payment_linkpoint
- PayPalpro Payment plugin - payment_paypalpro
- PayU - Payment plugin - payment_payu
The Pay by Check & PO are offline payment methods that you need you to approve Ad Orders manually from the admin area.
Promote Plugins (Since ver 2.0)
These plugins allow you to let the Advertiser Advertise something he has on your site like a JomSocial Group, A SOBI listing, His own profile etc besides the ability to Promote a Web URL. They also suggest a possible ad based on what you select.
- Promote CB Profile - plug_promote_cb
- Promote JomSocial Profile - plug_promote_jsprofile
- Promote JomSocial Groups - plug_promote_jsgroups
- Promote JomSocial Events - plug_promote_jsevents
- Promote SOBI listing - plug_promote_sobi
- Promote EasySocial Profile - plug_promote_esprofile (ver. 3.0 Onwards)
Layout Plugins (Since ver 2.5)
These plugins add various Layout templates to SocialAds so that you can have more control on how an Ad is constructed. These plugins basically introduce template files to let you control how the Ad title, Description , Image are laid out with respect to each other. We shall soon release a few tutorials on how to create your own layout plugins. Currently SocialAds ships with 5 layout plugins which offer layouts as shown below . Layouts 1 & 3 are for Text & Image ads. Layouts 2 & 4 are for Text Only Ads.. While Layout 5 is a layout for Image ads.
Targeting Plugins (Will be released in V2.6)
These are a new innovation we have added to SocialAds to open up the ability to extend SocialAd's targeting capabilities by writing targeting plugins. Thsi will greatly open up SocialAds to developers & make it easy to extend the targeting ability of SocialAds to add any conditions.
- XIPT Profile Type Targeting - This will allow you to target your Ads to Profile Types offered by JoomlaXi's Profile Type Extension
- Native JomSocial Profile Types Targeting
- JomSocial Group Targeting
- EasySocial Profile Targeting (ver. 3.0 Onwards)
SocialAds JMailAlerts Plugin (Will be released in V2.6)
This plugin will push Ads from SocialAds into JMailAlerts emails.
From version 2.5 onwards we are providing a single installer package that you can install using the Joomla Package Installer. By default we only enable the commonly needed extensions. Depending on what you are using, enable the needed plugins as noted below.
1. From the Payment gateways, we only enable the offline payment plugins ( Pay by Check & Pay by PO) by default. Enable & configure the ones that apply to you. Do not enable them till you have configured the relevant plugins.
3. From the Promote Plugins, enable the ones that apply. For instance Install the SOBI plugin only you have SOBI installed & want to let user's promote the listings they own.
4. Disable the Layout plugins you do not need.
5. Enable the SocialAds for J!MailAlerts plugin if you need your site Ads to appear in JMailAlerts mails.
(ver 2.7 onwards) There will be a link "Complete Geo Targeting Installation" displayed on installation, which will create & populate the tables needed for Geo Targeting
For instructions on how to Configure the extension, please read the Configuration Document.
3. Upgrading from Older version of SocialAds to 2.5 ( Important)
- On a safer side, ALWAYS do backup your site and database before upgrade
- Make sure you backup any customizations / langauges files that you have added/changed.
When you upgrade from older versions to 2.5 , make sure that you Open the Module & save it again. This is to make sure that the "Default" Zone which is there for backward compatibility with older versions of SocialAds is assigned to it. Unless you do this, your Ads will not show.
(ver 2.6 onwards) There will be a link "Click Here to Clean unused images" displayed on installation, which let you clean up all the unused images in SocialAds.