To setup search following steps needs to be followed:
- On Administrator side, go to Extensions > Module
- Now click on "New", we can see a long list of all modules that Joomla is shipped with.
- Find a one for "Search" and click on that to select it.
- Now, give the module a tile say "Search" as it's as good as any.
- Select the position to place the module. Click on "Save".
- This will display a search module at frontend, which will allow you to do a search.
- On searching, there will be an label "Search Only", this option gives us the option to search only in the particular sections e.g."LMS Courses", "Categories", e.t.c.
- These all can be configured so as to use specific plugins to use.
- For configuring these plugins, go to Extensions > Plugins > Select Type as "Search", here you will get list of plugins associated with search. You can enable/disable the plugins here.