jomGive for jomSocial
Let your community accept donations from their profile pages
- create fundraising projects
- accept PayPal donations and
- keep donors updated on the project’s progress directly from their JomSocial profile page.
Whether your members need to raise money for personal projects, causes, charities, business ventures, medical bills, musical endeavors, school events or non-profit fundraisers, jomGive plugin makes it possible for them to transform their profile page into a mini-fundraising site—just like microgiving.com.
Crowd funding (sometimes called ‘crowd financing’, ‘crowd sourced capital’ or ‘micropatronage’) is a popular new way for artists, bloggers, musicians, software developers, and activists to support themselves and their projects through online ‘crowd’ donations.
Features of jomGive V1.2 are:
- Create & name their own unique fundraising project
- Set the project’s fundraising goal—which is displayed on their profile page ($50, $500, $5000, etc)
- Display the total number of donors who have donated; display the names of donors and the amount of their donations (if they are logged in); how much has been received to date; and how much still needs to be raised before the user-defined goal is met
- Users can set up their own “levels” of donations/rewards. For example, for a $25 donation, “Bob” will send each donor a signed thank you card. For a $50 donation, Bob will personally call them to thank them, etc. These “Give Back” rewards are prominently displayed on the user’s profile page and are all configurable on each user’s JomSocial profile page under Profile > Customize My Page > Crowd funded Project > Settings
- Users can add their own PayPal address so that donations go directly to them
- Users can post photos & videos to their JomSocial wall to keep patrons updated
- Users can easily unpublish the app once their goal has been met
- Choose whether or not jomGive as a core JomSocial app plugin that is enabled on ALL profiles by default. If admins choose not to make jomGive a core app, users will have to manually add jomGive in their profile customization settings
- Admins can select the position where jomGive fundraising data is displayed on all profiles (Main content; Sidebar Top; Sidebar Bottom)
- Admins can set up and name up to 5 “Give Back Reward” levels (i.e, “The $5 Donation”; “The $25 Donation”, etc) These levels will only be displayed if the admin has named them
How your community can use jomGive (and why they’ll love it)
- Joomla! 1.5 or greater
- PHP version 5.0 or greater
- MySQL version 4.1.2 or greater
- JomSocial version 2.1 or greater