2 minutes reading time
Shika 1.1.9 is out with hierarchy based assignments
We are happy to announce the release of Shika 1.1.9 which is a feature and maintenance release. We have consciously made a decision to do releases in the 1.1x series that move away from the ideal principle of semantic versioning in order to fill feature gaps in the 1.1x series before embarking on the next true major release which will be 1.2. So expect to see more feature releases in the 1.1x branch that make the extension more solid and enterprise ready.
This release introduces a new feature that has been a horizontal extension for Techjoomla but wasn't released as yet - com_hierarchy. This lets you set context specific hierarchy relations between users. The utilisation for this is mainly to set training managers for users. These 'Managers' shall be able to assign & enrol courses to users under them from the frontend with the new Assignment workflow that is also released in this version. This is also a dependency to our migration to TJ reports which will allow for features like Teacher reports and Manager reports in v1.1.10.
Besides this major feature, we have also introduced a configuration for Certificate orientation & introduced a spent time column in the attempts view on the frontend.
Read on for the full change log
- #104845 Front panel>>course TOC>>Added time spent the column on pop-up view of attempts.
- #106591 Shika configuration > Decide Orientation for Certificate PDF.
- #104185: Nomination workflow to let manager nominate Users under them for Courses. Also, allow Manager to approve Course enrolments.(Set managers in hierarchy)
- Introducing com_hierarchy in the standard package for managing User hierarchy relations. This can be used to set managers for users.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- #107484 Front End >> Go to any public course >> Guest Users are able to access expired lessons
- #107480 After uninstalling Shika package, link as lesson and article as lesson plugins are not getting uninstalled
- #107400 Front panel>> Shows notice when we hide taught by and show course information from course module.
- #106864 When the user name is created with special character then in the front panel, the user sees the blank page after launching SCORM lessons.
- #104735 Due Date appears in the incorrect format on the dashboard if the date is blank while assigning from admin panel.
- #104460 On front panel dashboard we can see the expired certificate, it should show certificate is expired.
- #104021 Backend -> manage enrolment -> date filters format and list view start date and due date format should be the same.
- #107214 Front panel>> Question formatting issue > question gets wrapped while taking the quiz on the frontend.
- #39190 Able to de-enrol from the ACY Mailing list when de-enrolled from course.