Last year, Google made some pricing changes to its Maps APIs. While there is still a pretty big free tier which includes unlimited map embeds, some of the APIs have a free tier limit. Starting JTicketing 2.5.2, we have modified the Google Map services that get used, so that you can stay within the free tier.
With v2.5.2, we are using the Embed API to display a map. This API is free for unlimited map views.
Searching for places (event creation)
We have ensured that you stay within the free tier of the Place Autocomplete API by fetching only the basic fields.
As JTicketing is using free API’s, you will not be charged from Google for displaying Google map location. The only thing you have to do is get a Google API using the steps below.
Step 1 – Create your project
- To start, go to Google Maps Platform
- Click on “GET STARTED” button and in the pop-up window tick on all three types of products. Then click on the Continue button.
3. In the updated window, choose “Select a project” and enter the project name in the box below. Then click on “Next”.
Step 2 – Create a billing account
- In the updated window, click on Create Billing Account.
- Create a name for your billing project and press Continue. Fill in the appeared form with your contact data and payment information and click Next.
Step 3 – Get your API key
- In the pop-up window, you will be provided an option to enable your APIs. Press Next.
Almost Done. All you need to do is copy-paste the key to the JTicketing component configuration and save the configuration.