We believe that great products with Awesome features can only be created if we listen to our custommers. We get lots of feedback already via tickets. But that doesn't lead to a discussion.. To streamline this process & increase subscriber-developer communication, we are starting a new Blog & Newsletter series called as Subscriber Connect.
Prior to every major release, we shall be asking you, our customers to come & contribute your ideas, feature requests & any issues you might have with the product via comments to the blog. Existing & Past subscribers to the product as well as subscribers who opt in to receive Subscriber Connect Newsletters shall be sent a special Newsletter once in a while asking you join in the Discussion to make sure you don't miss out !
We Kick of this series with a Blog about the upcoming Invitex release !
Invitex 2.4 - Help Us Plan & Improve this release !
We plan to bring Invitex 2.4 to subscribers over the next few weeks. Based on user feedback from various sources, the following features have been planned in this release. Based on the feedback we get to this post, the feature list shall be frozen & a couple of Beta releases shall be rolled out every week from now for those who are interested in testing them. Note that Invitex 2.4 Beta 1 is already out & available for testing.
Currently Planned Features for 2.4
- Improved Manual Invitations layout - Status : Done in Beta1
- Domain Restrictions - Ability to restrict invitations to specific domain email addresses Status : Done in Beta1
- Search & Filter Friends after importing them - Makes it easy to find a particular friend if you have tons ! Status : Done in Beta1
- Show Invite Friends Button on clicking on the API icon instead of again showing the icon. Thanks to Maria Chellini for awesome Feedback at Joomla Playground for these inputs ! Status : Done in Beta1
- Ajax loading of contacts to avoid timeouts
- Registration as part of Registration. Currently planned to support Joomla Registration, JomSocial Registration & CB .
- Option in Facebook API to post to wall instead of sending a message
- Twitter API Plugin
- Activity Stream Integration for JomSocial. "Joe just Invited his friends to [Sitename] using the Invite Feature !"
- Support for Language constants in Invitation email templates