We are happy to release a new update for our popular Joomla advertising solution. SocialAds 3.2.0 is here with a compatibility update for new maxmind library along with many more improvements. This release adds a new TJMaxmind library in Techjoomla library. We have also fixed many bugs reported in v3.1.16.
Earlier, SocialAds were using maxmind geoLiteCity.dat file for geotargeting. Now maxmind have dropped the support for geoLiteCity.dat file and introduced geoLiteCity.mmdb. SocialAds have added compatibility for this mmdb file. Read the release notes for setup
Read on for the detailed changelog.
- Bugs Fixed (8):
- #154248 - On ad edit, social targeting is set ON even if previously set as OFF
- #154247 - On ad edit, the payment screen price is set to 0 by default
- #154127 - Region and Country names are not shown instead Id is shown
- #154061 - Show advertiser their own ads should be enabled as the default configuration
- #153998 - [Frontend] Ad wallet transaction - If coupon code does not exist then text box not cleared
- #153821 - Geo-target data not getting saved in the table on saving or update
- #150159 - [Backend] "Turn on Admin Approval for Create/Edit Ads " is NO but still approving the ads
^ Improvements (6):
- Task #154850 - Migration for archive stats table for removing duplicate entries for given ad_id and date (Using Techjoomla Library)
- Task #154628 - Installer script update to use TJInstaller
- Task #153648 - MaxMind database update from .dat to .mmdb file (Using TJMaxmind Library)
- Task #153647 - CLI script for the ArchiveStats and StatsEmail
- Task #153645 - Minification for CSS and JS files
- Task #153578 - Change engine for non-targeting tables MyISAM to InnoDB
Steps to follow after updating to v3.2.0
- On the dashboard, you will see the Fix database button. Click on that. This will migrate the duplicate entries in the archive stats table. This might take a minute or two or more depending upon how many entries you have in this table. This is a one-time job.
- Enable the TJMaxmind System Plugin if prompted on the dashboard as this plugin is used while displaying Geo-Targeting ads.
- Update the Maxmind GeoLite2 City database if prompted on the dashboard used for showing Geo-Targeting ads. User’s location like city, country, and state or region is calculated with the help of this database. Maxmind GeoLite2 City database is updated every 15 days. So whenever prompted to update, please update it to get an accurate user location from IP.
- After following all the above steps, Go to options and make sure you click on Save and Close to save the configuration of SocialAds.
- To set the cron of CLI commands for archive stats and send weekly stats email, refer this link
* * * * * user_name path_to_php path_to_cli_file
* * * * * root /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/project/test.php
Follow this link to decide the expression for cron timing
Daily “At 08:00.”
0 8 * * * root path_to_php your_site_root_path/cli/archivestats.php
“At 08:00 on Sunday.”
0 8 * * 0 root path_to_php your_site_root_path/cli/statsemail.php